The World Health Organization (WHO) has launched a web-based consultation to seek input on the development of the WHO Global Health Sector Strategy for HIV/AIDS, 2011-2015.
Feedback is invited on the consultation materials found on the WHO web site.
The 2011-2015 strategy will:
- Build on the achievements and experiences of the "3 by 5" initiative and the five strategic directions of the WHO HIV/AIDS Universal Access Plan 2006-2010;
- Take into consideration the broad global HIV, health and development architecture, including the UNAIDS Strategy (under development) and UNAIDS Outcome Framework, and existing commitments to achieving Universal Access and the Millennium Development Goals;
- Identify existing and agreed global targets to motivate countries to plan for bold HIV responses through to 2015;
- Provide guidance to countries on how to prioritize their HIV and broader health investments;
- Provide a framework for concerted WHO action at the global, regional and country levels and across all relevant WHO departments.
WHO works in partnership with a broad range of constituencies, including Member States, civil society, donor and development agencies, non-governmental organizations, multilateral agencies (including the UN family), scientific and technical institutions and networks, and the private sector.